Joomla users will be excited to know that their preferred Content Management System has just released a critical update to this popular platform! With the recent release of Joomla! 3.0 users will be treated to a host of new features that will no doubt prove to make their experience all that much the more exciting! Following are a number of features available in version 3.0:
- Extensive work on code style standardization and consistency
- Incorporation of Bootstrap into a jui media package.
- A new responsive administrator template Isis and interface.
- A new front end template Protostar built using Bootstrap and updated accessible template called Beez3
- PostgreSQL Driver. You will be able to run Joomla 3.0 sites using the PostgreSQL database.
- PHP Memcached Driver
- Use of JFeed for feed management rather than SimplePie
- Installation of language packages directly from the extension manager
- Guest user group present by default
- Saving blank articles allowed
- New administrator statistics module
- Update TinyMCE to version 3.5.6
- Continued clean up of older unused code, files and database fields and tables and improved standardization of tables.
- Improvements to Smart Search
- Unit testing in the CMS
- Updated system tests in the CMS
Wanna’ learn more before you decide whether or not to update? Well stop on by the Joomla 3.0 Release Page for further details! Need help with your update installation? Give us a call at 916.412.1484, we’d be happy to help!