Social media optimization is the use of other networking web sites to promote your web site!
Social Media Optimization also known as SMO, is using websites such as…
- stumbleupon.com – Website Tagging
- utopicstudios.com – art directory
- squidoo.com – Articles
- youtube.com – Videos
- Ning.com – Create a network
- linkedin.com – Business contacts
- Musolist.com.- Music related
- Purevolume.com – Music Profiles
Personally, I think SMO is a FULL Time Job! Updating multiple web sites while updating your own? This tends to become a full time job. There is a web site out there that allows you to control many of the different SMO sites simultaneously but I forget the name of it off the top of my head.
Generally speaking, people that use a lot of SMO are established entities that have the personal and financing to create and update them.